Animal control in the City of Woodstock is contracted to Hillside Kennels. They can be contacted at 519-469-3247.
If your pet has gone missing please contact Hillside Kennels to see if it has been picked up.
If you are thinking of adopting an animal, please give Hillside Kennels a call.
Animal Control - Pick-up of Animals
- Animal control will pick up dogs, cats and injured wildlife excluding birds
- Dogs running at large will not be picked up unless:
- they are in a confined area or are tied up
- they appear to be vicious or dangerous (no confinement or trying up necessary). The reason non-vicious dogs need to be tied up is that is usually takes animal control one to two hours to arrive at the location and once they arrive to remove the animal, the animal is usually nowhere to be found.
- If a deceased animal is located on a homeowners propety it is their responsiblity to remove the animal
- Wild animal calls (indoors):
- It is the homeowners responsiblity to address the problem (i.e. squirrels in attic).