Para-transit service is provided by The City of Woodstock.
Please Note: There will be NO Transit or Para-transit services on Monday, July 1, 2013 - Canada Day
All users must be registered in advance. See "On-Line Forms" for an application.
The following modifications to Para-Transportation service will take effective December 1, 2012.
Registered users call dispatch to book all rides at 519-539-2382 ext. 2510 (TTY: 519-539-7268)
You will be required to book your ride a minimum of 24 hours in advance. Same day rides can be arranged only if space is available.
PARA-TRANSIT DISPATCH HOURS:
- Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Saturaday: 9 a.m.- 12 noon
- Voicemail will be available outside of regular hours
PARA-TRANSIT HOURS OF SERVICE:
The same as conventional transit:
- Monday-Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
All payment options accepted on conventional transit will be accepted on para-transit. Green para-taxi vouchers will be accepted as payment on para-transit until July 1, 2013.
PASSES AVAILABLE AT FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
- City Hall, 500 Dundas St. (Mon. to Fri.: 8:30a.m to 4:30p.m.)
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 959 Dundas St. (8:00a.m. to Midnight)
- Toronto Dominion, Dundas/Wellington (Mon. to Fri.: 8:00a.m. to 8:00p.m., Sat.: 8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m.)
- Toronto Dominion, 383 Norwich Ave. (Mon. to Wed.: 8:00a.m. to 6:00p.m., Thurs. to Fri.: 8:00a.m. to 8:00p.m., Sat.: 8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m., Sun.: 11a.m. to 4:00p.m.)
- Foodland, 645 Dundas St. (Mon. to Sat.: 8:00a.m. to 9:00p.m., Sun.: 8:00a.m. to 8:00p.m.)
- Woodstock Public Library, 445 Hunter St. (Mon. to Thurs.: 10:00a.m. to 8:30pm., Fri. to Sat.: 10:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.)
Voyageur Transportation Services has been approved as the new third party/overflow provider. If you call a taxi directly, you will be required to pay full fare
Guidelines to Usage of the the Para-Transportation Service
Para-Transportation Policies and Procedures
The City of Woodstock has purchased two new accessible low floor buses which will be added to the Para-Transportation Program in December 2012.
The following are the accessibility features of the buses:
- Low floor bus with no steps and a level (flat) entrance and aisle.
- The bus will "kneel" to street level.
- Power ramp has a 3.5" safety lip on each side:
- Slope is 1:6 (very gradual incline); and
- Ramp is 34" wide.
- Yellow grab bars on each side of the entrance (on the door) and into the flat floor interior.
- Overhead yellow grab bars extend through the length of the interior.
- A total of four (4) forward facing seats, four (4) side facing seats and four (4) wheelchair spots:
- Converts into combinations of up to twelve (12) forward facing seats, four (4) side facing seats with one (1) designated wheelchair spot;
- Seats are equipped with yellow grab handles; and
- Each wheelchair position has safety belts/tie downs.
- Low reflection; and
- High friction to prevent slips.
- PA system with driver microphone.